DISCUS integrates your cellphone (or other EUD) into your communications suite.
DISCUS enables the communicator to make phone calls, listen to music or interact with other Bluetooth-enabled devices while using a military-style communications headset.
DISCUS is a stand alone device engineered to work with any communication headset with NATO wired U-174 down-leads (COMTAC. AMP, OTTO, SAFARILAND).
DISCUS can operate independently of a PTT to provide Bluetooth connectivity to the headset (i.e., DISCUS can pair with a Bluetooth device without a two-way radio present)
When paired to a PTT connected to a two-way radio, DISCUS uses innovative technology to automatically adjust audio levels to prioritize radio traffic over audio received from a Bluetooth source.
DISCUS is powered by one CR-123 battery, which provides over 48 hrs of life.
If DISCUS loses power, your radio and push to talk will still function normally. Only the Bluetooth will cease to function.
DISCUS is made in the USA.
- Single-button with power icon for power/pairing
- TP120 connector to PTT
- TJ101 connector to the headset, with sealing boot
- Tool-less change, environmentally sealed battery compartment
- Rugged over-molded design
- IP66 Rated
- 3-second hold to power on/off
- 5-second hold to enter pairing mode
- Red and Blue LEDs to display information
- Red-flashes on power on, steady on low battery
- Blue–flashing to indicate the paired status
- Green/Blue flashing LED alternating indicates that the unit is in pairing mode.
- 1 x CR-123 Battery